Whenever new teams would like to become part of the TI community, it needs to be registered or "listed". For this new teams need explicit support from members of this trusted community. If there is no support - or if there are even objections - the candidate will not be accepted. Once a team has been accepted, the contact data of the newly registered team will be made publicly available, as part of the database of all registered ("listed") teams. No fees will be charged for listed teams, although registration fees for events might apply if charged for a particular event the team attends.
The TI team encourages all applying teams to engage already TI Accredited teams to support their registration, as it is always easier for new teams, to have at least two sponsors at the time of the listing request.
After a team has applied for registration the procedure is as follows:
- The registration application is distributed inside the TI community.
- Within three weeks the applying candidate needs at least two accredited teams to explicitly support its application.
- Additionally no objections must be raised within the TI community. Any member from the TI community, i.e. accredited team members, TI Associates, can object against a candidate. Objections will be handled with care - the TI team will negotiate the needed confidentiality with the objecter.
- The TI team informs the accredited teams of the outcome of the application.
- Rejected teams do not have the right to re-apply within 12 months. After three rejections a team will not be listed anymore.
Useful materials for this process are: